The 2023 Membership will be open for applications and renewal from the 1st of December 2022
Greetings. Firstly I want to extend my thanks to all of our students, members and contractors for their resilience and flexibility over the last 2.5 years. Although as an organisation we were already becoming well adapted to an online environment, we still faced challenges, which required everyone to adapt with constant changing circumstances. However in 2022 we have noted a considerable uptake in grants, phone support and an increase of 105% in client appointments. I think we all can agree that with the many challenges we can truly celebrate that as a win. This is an exciting time of year and I want to acknowledge the time taken to fill in the Annual feedback survey. This helps us tweak and define what our membership looks like so that we can be as efficient as we can in serving our members and the goals of the society. Based on the feedback we are making the following changes to your 2023 membership.
- Many of you arent using Facebook like you used to so we will now email all the main Announcements, Meeting invites and Clinical activities as well as posting them on our Facebook group.
- We will also go ahead with all of our Momentum meetings regardless of whether we have attendees, in that case it will be a shorter recorded presentation style video which can be watch later.
- Please take note that all videos apart from the AGM recordings will still just be posted in the Facebook group as these can be searched through, posted and watched more easily.
- It is important that our members continue to build relationships with each other so going forward we will aim to have 2 Member dinners per year in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Northland.
- AGMs will be held online unless we have another event that we can tab it onto. This saves us a bit of money which means we can spend it on local, more assessable events for our members.
- NFNZ will now offer 6 hours of clinical support for each educator which allows you to check in for 30 mins each month with Cassandra to talk through tricky charts or anything else you need help with.
- We have a new external training fund allowing members to access up to $500.00 in 2023 to access training outside of NFNZ to expand their knowledge and provide more support for their clients. This could be anything that is considered helpful your practice as an educator or clients, like dog safety (for when visiting clients houses) to reproductive health or cultural awareness. If you are not sure just email me with the details.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and the details below. I hope you are excited about 2023 and will continue to walk with NFNZ. I wish you all a lovely Christmas and new year, hopefully getting time to do what you love best with the people you care about!
Full Professional Membership - Applications close 28/2/23
Annual fee: 145.00
NFNZ Accreditation (Each year 10% of our accredited educators are picked at random for an Audit)
- Boosted post on the NFNZ Facebook page advertising you and your business (Boost duration 1 month)
A website listing, and an individual professional bio/contact page on our website.
Up to $400 worth of grants, $700.00 if you have included Group education in your scope of practice. They can be used for client subsidies and/or Education grants.
Further grants may be available for education sessions given specifically to Iwi health care providers and Marae
- Up to 500.00 available to go towards external health, safety, professional and cultural education
6 hrs of professional phone support annually with Cassandra our Clinical Supervisor.
Free Rack cards for you to put in your local GP, Midwifery and other local health service clinics. There is a place for your contact details on the back.
New accreditation certificate valid from January to December 2023.
Free Charity access to our ‘Google for work’ including all associated business apps, google drive and a NFNZ work email. (Worth $50.00 per year if purchased yourself commercially)
Online teaching resources
Access to our Momentum meetings for ongoing learning and support
Opportunities to write articles on behalf of NFNZ (please notify us if you are interested)
- Complete 8 hours of ongoing education in the last year.
- Complete at least five chart interpretations in the last year. If not, please email admin and charts will be supplied.
- Be willing to complete a Professional Review. Picked randomly by ballot on March 1st, notice will be given and the start date can be negotiated but it must be completed no later than the 1st of September.
Specific to your chosen scope of practice as an NFNZ Educator
- Client categories - Work with at least one client from each of the categories you are trained in and have chosen to remain accredited in, each year. If not, complete the appropriate case study and chart interpretation quizzes provided in the Member area online.
- Group education - Complete at least one group session each year.
What does it mean to be NFNZ Accredited?
NFNZ provides assurance to prospective clients that our educators are up to high standards of clinical practice. We do this by annually reviewing 10% of our educators, providing Monthly Meetings to discuss charts and we have a set of Continuing Competence criteria that must be met every year. If you are randomly selected you will have 12 weeks to complete and pass the audit. Please refer to the membership form for the requirements associated with this full membership.
Non Practicing Membership
Annual fee $25.00
This membership is great if you need to take a break from taking on clients as an Accredited Natural Fertility Educator.
Access to Monthly Momentum Meeting’s
Invite to AGM and members dinners
Access to Facebook page
Required to complete a quiz for each client category you are trained in. Any remedial work required will need to be compleated when returning to a full membership
When you return to a full membership you will immediately be added to the pool for professional review