Understanding your fertility can help you to achieve a pregnancy
Meeting with an Educator
NFNZ Educators can help you to recognise your fertile signs, so that you can know the best time to try each cycle. It can also help to highlight conditions that may be affecting your fertility.
An educator will meet with you 3 times, and will offer:
- Private and personalised support for individuals and couples
- Expertise in interpreting your unique cycle
- Pre-conception advice
- Evidence based methods
- Ongoing support
- Skype Consultations (not all educators offer skype)
Is it taking longer than you thought?
Many couples find that learning about their fertility provides benefits that go beyond pregnancy.
- It introduces the option of chemical free birth control in the future
- Helps you to identify whether a hormonal imbalance is affecting your cycles and fertility
However, approximately 1 in 5 couples in NZ have difficulty conceiving. For some it can be just about understanding their cycle, but if you have been trying for a year, it might be time to visit your GP for further investigations.
If you have been working with an educator, and a potential issue is identified on your chart, a report can be prepared for your GP or other healthcare professional.